Email Money Transfer
Send and receive money e-asily!
Sending and receiving funds are just a click away. Whether it’s sending travel money to a friend or slipping some grocery funds to your son at university, Interac e-Transfers are a fast, convenient, and secure way to send funds through the trusted Interac® Network to anyone with an email address or mobile phone and a Canadian bank account.
How to send and receive an e-Transfer
- Ensure you know the recipient’s name and email address or mobile phone number.
- Log in to your account via Mainstreet online banking or mobile banking using your debit card number and Personal Access Code (PAC).
- Go to the Transfers page and select Send INTERAC® e-Transfer from the menu.
- Set up your recipient(s) by entering their name and email address on the Add/Delete Recipients page. You can also choose to notify your recipient via text, in which case you would enter their mobile phone number.
- Create a security question that only they will know the answer to. If it's a friend, for example, the question might be: "our favorite place for appetizers”.
- Once you've set up your profile and recipient(s) select your recipient from the dropdown list on the Send INTERAC® e-Transfer page.
- Indicate the amount you'd like to send, and optionally include a Message to the recipient.
- Click the Send Transfer button.
- Funds are immediately debited from your account and the recipient is alerted by email and/or text message that they have received an e-Transfer that they can then deposit into their own account securely using their computer or smartphone and their own financial institutions online banking site.
Note: Your account will be debited the amount you have sent, as well as a service fee once you click Send Transfer.
Receiving and depositing:
- Click on the link provided in the email or text (to be taken to the Interac® website).
- Select the bank/credit union from the available list that you would like to deposit the funds to.
- Login to your online account with that bank/credit union.
- Provide the answer to the security question.
- Accept the transfer.
- Typically, the funds will be immediately available; however, allow up to 30 minutes for system processing for the funds to arrive in your account.