Interac® Online is a secure and easy way to use your debit accounts with us to pay for your purchases when you shop online. It’s the ideal option if you:
- don’t have a credit card
- don’t want to use a credit card
- are concerned about online security and fraud
- want more control over your credit
Benefits of Interac® Online
It's secure. With Interac Online, your payments are processed using our secure online banking, which you already use and trust.
It's easy. There are no new accounts to set up and no passwords to remember. You use the same login information as your online banking. See the “How Interac Online Works” section below for more information.
It's private. Concerned about your privacy? With Interac Online, your financial data, card numbers and login information are never shared with merchants or any other third party.
It's fast. Shopping online is convenient and with Interac Online, you can complete your purchase in just a few clicks.
How Interac® Online works
When shopping online at any participating merchant, follow these five steps to complete your purchase with Interac Online:
- At the merchant’s checkout screen, select Interac Online as your payment method.
- Choose Main Street Credit Union from the list of financial institutions.
- Log into our secure online banking.
- Select the debit account you wish to use and confirm the transaction.
- Once the transaction is approved you’ll automatically be logged out and re-directed to the merchant’s confirmation page.