Applying for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit?
Sign-up for direct deposit now to ensure your benefit payments arrive sooner!
Mainstreet can help you sign up for direct deposit or update your direct deposit information with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). We encourage you to use direct deposit to avoid any delays and receive your payments faster.
You can receive these CRA payments through direct deposit:
- Income tax refund
- Canada child benefit
- Goods and services tax/harmonized sales tax (GST/HST) credit
- Canada workers benefit
- Related provincial and territorial payments
- The new Canada Emergency Response Benefit
Please note, if you have never filed a tax return with the CRA, you are not eligible to sign-up for the CRA direct deposit service through your financial institution.
To sign up for direct deposit follow these steps in online banking:
- Login to your Mainstreet online banking
- Select “Account Services > Setup CRA Direct Deposit”
- Follow the steps- you will next be asked for payment information for direct deposit
- Review and approve the Privacy Statement page
- You will be presented with an authorization then confirmation page